Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sugar in excess



My monkey boys had the best, sugar overloaded, party day at school today. Their parties were timed in such a way that I was able to participate in both. The youngest had PJ's and pancakes for the theme. So they had pancakes, cookies, cupcakes, hot chocolate, sugar, sugar, sugar!! I looked over at him at one point and asked him if he was wired on sugar. He said 'Mayyybeeee' with a wild sugar induced look. Next I found myself with my eldest watching him consume large amounts of junk as well. Then it was the gift exchange. Apparently Axe products are all the rage with the 6th grade boys! Who'da thunk it. But, I guess they do need to begin to tame that wild smell for the girlies they are starting to notice *sigh* It was so much fun watching them interact in their daily environment with all their friends and teachers. But, I will be glad for the end of the holidays so we can go back to normal amounts of sugar consumption. It seems we have been on a sugar diet since Thanksgiving...it's been one event and excuse for sugar after another.

No comments: