Monday, December 10, 2007

Jacked up dental hygiene



Ok, 'jacked up' is my youngest monkey boy's favorite new saying. Soooo since this is all about him I thought I'd use his new favorite phrase. He has some serious jacked up dental hygiene. Myself or the wonderful Step Dad will say 'Did you brush your teeth?' The boy will reply 'Yes'. Later in the day we will get a gander at said boy's teeth and notice that there is no way those teeth have been brushed the previous day much less that day! On my weekly Wal Mart beating I was so excited to find a tooth brush that plays a song for 2 minutes to encourage good brushing habits. I read the package and it sounded like just what my boy needs. So I scooped up 2 (to be fair) and went on my merry way. When I presented the wonderful purchse to the offspring my eldest starts questioning what song it plays. THAT never even crossed my mind. I assumed it was some catchy tune to keep the brushin' goin'. Upon close examination the song is not in our native language, rather it's in Spanish. Unfortunately, in this casa we are not bilingual. Remember, I read the package, not a single word en espaƱol (well excpet for the tiny song name that I didn't see). Who'da thought the song would be. But, good thing my monkey boys have a good sense of humor and they are brusing away. So far so good with the youngest. He brushed this morning without being asked. One down, many more brushing days to go.

Check it out they have many songs to choose from. Mabye they'll get a stocking stuffer with a song they know Tooth Tunes

No comments: