Saturday, December 1, 2007

Patience

The word for today is patience. I will have to summon as much of it as I can possibly muster to make it through the day. I have agreed to watch a friend's children for the night. Her and I have very different parenting styles. Therefore, we have vastly different children. First of all I love children. But, I truly believe children should be taught how to behave and have respect for others. These 2 boys that I'll be watching tonight have not been taught these things. They are starving for attention and have learned to feed on negative attention as opposed to none at all. They have also learned that if they beg enough their parent(s) will eventually give in to their whiny demands. They act much better when they are here with just us and their parents are not around. But, they still stretch my patience to the limit sometimes. I have a low tolerance for whining, bickering and complaining. Can't we all just get along and be happy?? So why am I watching them if it is such a chore.

My friend and her husband have a Christmas party to go to.
She is very kind to watch my boys anytime I need her to.
Just maybe spending time with our family will have a positive impact on their lives.

No comments: