Sunday, December 9, 2007

Dilbert and Reality





This is my life. I'm in agile hell. My career doesn't bring me the fulfillment it used to. Here it is, another Sunday and I'm thinking about going back to the agile environment. To create a visual...I now sit in a big room with 6 big tables. We each have enough space for our computer. There are 2 phones in the room that are shared by the 9 of us. I'm the only female. I'm one of 2 Americans. The remainder are from India. There is no privacy. You can't so much as crunch an apple without the whole room being disturbed. But, it's not alllll doom and gloom. I will exist in this environment for 3 more days. I then begin my 20 day vacation!!! The first quarter of 2008 bring a couple of other opportunities that may pan out which would save me from this environment that doesn't seem to fit me. If neither of these work out I will have to consider more drastic measures.





And this cartoon from today is an example of my former reality. It certainly seems as though Scott Adams lurks the halls of my office. I have heard these exact words that I would not be held to the estimate. At least I had the foresight to not provide any number to the person standing at my desk tapping their foot. I saw many before me held accountable for any number that managed to escape their lips during such inquisition. Again, this was my former reality....it was the facade of me having input into deadlines. Now, deadlines are assigned and just passed down to me from people who have no clue what it takes to acheive said deadline.

I plan to spend 20 days deciding what I want to be when I grow up....not sure this is it.

No comments: