Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

I have been MIA for a while. I had to return to the work force on Wednesday. But, not before I was lucky enough to get a cold from my dear husband. Remember how excited I was about the indoor water park? Well everyone except me has probably already thought of this, that is nothing but a petri dish of germs. Think about it...85 degree wet room with 50 million kids (small exaggeration), what are the odds of a sick one or two being in there? I'm thinking that the odds are HIGH. So we are talking petri dish of germs. Maybe not a petri dish, but there were at least one or two and my husband was oh so fortunate to find them. He was sick when we got home. I felt so bad for him. That's just not fair. I managed to resist for a few days. But, I ended up with the same bug and feeling ill conveniently the day before I was to return to work. Then he felt bad for giving it to me. I didn't blame him at all though.

I was hoping to show up at the office with a new positive attitude about the crappy place I had left almost 3 weeks ago. No such luck, it still sucks and I have been feeling crappy while trying to cope with it all. This is where Starbuck's comes in. That helps tons in feeling better so I had a double dose today. I'm almost feeling normal again. I hope to wake up all better tomorrow!

In other positive news...the monkey boys brought home all A's with only one B on their progress reports. Also, they each had quite impressive Iowa test scores! Yay for them.

No comments: