Sunday, January 13, 2008

The tick tock of the clock is painful,

all sane and logical. I want to tear it off the wall. (excerpt from the lyrics of Inside Out by Eve 6) Love that song. I think of these lyrics while I'm sitting at my desk at my new office on this newish project that has no room for me. Everything is being handled by the offshore team. I'm just in the way. This is the new direction...new technology, new methodology, new platform, new database. This is 'the' project to be on according to everybody that's not on it and the management of the project. I don't agree. The management team is comprised of a bunch of ladder climbers who don't know what it takes to get the job done. Due diligence has not been properly done. The full time employees are not learning as they should. There are no mentors for us. The environment is not conducive to learning...just the oppposite. Instead, the offshore, temporarty, contract staff is doing all the work and learning the business rules, the system, the technology, the new methodology, etc. Where does that leave us? Well it leaves me wishing I was more involved. I feel like an outsider at the company that has employeed me.

I'm waiting to hear about 2 other positions within this company. Both of these positions I've been asked to assume by the hiring managers. It's down to formalities...requisition approvals, buget approvals, etc. My 5 year anniversary with the company will be Wednesday...

This week rumour has it we'll hear some news about the future of the company, layoffs, selling off of assets, etc. I'm ready to hear the news good or bad. I expect it to be more of the latter. When it comes to layoffs it seems I have been put in a position to make this easier. I could be let go and the project I'm on wouldn't even notice...until implementation. I believe I'm an integral part of the implementation since I have designed and managed a lot of the back end integration. Oh well, it is what it is. The decisions have been made or are in the process of being made. I now sit and wait for the news.

No comments: