Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Progress




Progress is being made on our office. I love my new work space! This is definitely a work progress. Painting this room and building pieces of this furniture is what kept my mind occupied (sorta) while the boys were with their bio dad for their Christmas visitation. I love the way this furniture looks, but it is very easy to scratch. The wood is very soft. A couple of pieces were damaged during the construction phase by the previous constructor (husband's employee with a bad attitude). Then as we were putting the second desk together we found a defective piece. So we are now waiting for replacement parts to arrive before we can complete all the furniture. Plug for Staples: they are sending us the replacement parts/pieces free of charge! Woohoo Staples. Since I actually work in here we set up my side first. My husband will have the same setup across the room from me. Then we'll be able to hang things on the wall as well. Notice the lack of cords all over the place? That would be great cord management by my husband! If it were up to me it'd be a jumbled mess. Today I will be hooking up my printer...that's the only remaining peripheral to connect. From this you can see the new paint color and get an idea of how the set up will look. I found some boxes and organization things at The Container Store that I want to get to utilize the shelf space better. And look how tiny my monitor looks on that big desk. I need to handle up on that for sure.

No comments: