Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Finding happiness at the 'bucks



I read this book a few weeks ago and it caused me to reflect on my current situation. It's an entertaining, feel-good, quick read. But, it made me think about what is really important (my happiness), how easy it is to lose the illusion of prestige and how the big, behemoth company I work for doesn't give a rip about me. This last realization I've known about for quite some time, but I have to be reminded of it from time to time. They do a good job with all the 'we care about our employees' propaganda. The author does a lot of name dropping which could be perceived as annoying, but I think he did this to drive his message home. As I was reading it I was all about quitting my job and going to work for Starbucks. Maybe a re-read is in order....

No comments: