Friday, March 21, 2008

All for naught

AF showed reared her ugly head so no pregnancy for me this cycle. It wasn't all for naught, because I did have fun trying at least ;-) Next cycle I'm pulling out the big guns and using a Clear Blue Easy Fertility monitor. This thing is supposed to be the bomb in detecting fertile days and showing you more than just 2 potential days to become pregnant. We'll see how well it works.

This has been a bit depressing for me. I was content with not having any more children. I have two of the best kids I can even imagine. I'm almost 40 years old and the 2 boys I speak of so often are very independent. A new baby would change the whold dynamics of our family. And then wham! out of the blue, not even trying I was pregnant. I was really excited about the unexpected new addition to our family. Then just as quickly that was taken away as I suffered the missed misscarriage. I went through a mirad of emotions, disbelief, sadness, pain, and finally ended up feeling hopeful about the future and trying again. But, here I am down again. The whole ordeal just seems a little cruel. It seems like everywhere I look someone is having a baby or is pregnant. I just found out yesterday my boss is pregnant. While I'm happy for her I'm sad for me.

I'll find that hope again, but for now I'm just a little sad about the whole thing...

2 comments:

Susie J. said...

It really is a roller coaster, isn't it? (((hugs))) My first cycle was a bust, too. Better luck to us both this next time, eh?

Ami said...

It is a roller coaster!! I'm feelng better today though, which I'm so thankful for. I hate getting in a funk like that. Sorry to hear your's was a bust too. Good luck next cycle. I'm hoping your heart troubles are under control too so you can continue on the journey ((hugs))